Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and/or conflicting tasks simultaneously in a group or independent setting.
- Expanded knowledge of the telecommunications industry. With a fundamental understanding of LAN/WAN technologies with experience in providing technical support, internal and external, to customers on a LAN/WAN network.
- Flexibility to work the assigned schedule as business needs require within a 24/7/365 support environment.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- High degree of problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities by comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Interfacing with internal and external operations teams as needed to solve customer issues/escalations
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment.
- Must have access to high speed Internet for remote connectivity to Securus Technology Inc. network when applicable.
- Must have access to high-speed Internet for remote connectivity to Securus network when applicable.
- Proficiency with working with Microsoft Office suite, such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word with strong typing/data entry skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment where problem resolution times are measured in minutes/hours.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills with a positive attitude & self-motivated
- Strong data/information analysis and integration skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Time management and information organization skills.
- Understanding of work-flow processes and Securus products and services.
- Understanding of networks, routers, client/server systems and experience in providing network support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and capable of learning new technology
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferably in computer science and/or engineering).
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Operations environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- Relevant work experience in a telecommunication / correctional service provider industry
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.